Ofcom publishes its Annual Plan for 2007/8
Ofcom today published its Annual Plan for 2007/8 which sets out Ofcom’s policy framework for the next three years and lists specific priorities for 2007/8.
The three-year policy framework and the priorities for 2007/8 were broadly supported by stakeholders during the consultation phase, which included public events around the UK attended by more than 350 people.
Policy framework for the next three years
Ofcom’s policy work for 2007/8, 2008/9 and 2009/10 will be focused on seven areas:
- driving forward a market-based approach to spectrum;
- promoting competition and innovation in converging markets;
- delivering public outcomes as platforms and services converge;
- improving industry compliance and empowering citizens and consumers;
- moving towards more consistent legal and economic frameworks;
- reducing regulation and minimising administrative burdens; and
- maximising Ofcom’s impact on international policy developments.