Consumer Voice for Communications Choice
Issue Alert :: Your Guide to Open-Internet
Everything you need to know about protecting your right to unrestricted access on the Internet. Click here for polls, news, reports and more. Read More
High-speed Internet access isn't a luxury. These days, it is a necessity. Unfortunately, many people lack this critical communications service because a few large companies fail to provide access in many areas or charge prices that are out of reach for average families.
But communities have options to bridge this "digital divide." Community-sponsored Internet projects are vital tool to expand competition and extend the benefits of the Internet to more people.
Affordable high-speed Internet means:
* Improved economic development opportunities
* Expanded educational opportunities
* Access to important job-training skills
* Connections to diverse viewpoints and vital information
* Use of new, exciting technologies such as telephone calls and video services over the Internet